No MSIA services are directed to children under 13. Federal law requires that MSIA may not collect any personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you may not register an account with MSIA or provide any of your personal information to MSIA.
- What Information MSIA Collects and For What Purposes
To most effectively offer our services, MSIA may collect information from you in the following ways:
Registration Information You Provide. If you wish to register an account with the MSIA website, MSIA requests you to provide your identifying information (name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, email address, and a user name and password you designate). You are not required to provide this information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
Online Store Transactions. If you wish to purchase anything from the online store, MSIA requires that you provide, in addition to your identifying information, payment information, including financial account information.
Server Log Information. MSIA’s servers automatically log certain basic technical information when a user accesses the website, which may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser’s request to the MSIA server, the date and time of the request, the language and type of browser being used, the referring web page, your computer’s operating system, and any MSIA cookies associated with your browser.
Communications from you to MSIA. If you send correspondence or email to MSIA or otherwise communicate with us, we may retain copies of the communications to assist you or for our records.
Your Preferences. To make your experience easier and more enjoyable, MSIA keeps track of your account preferences.
- To assist the technical support of our system
- To maintain and improve the quality of our services through auditing, research and analysis
- To develop new services or enhance existing services, such as the online store and a user’s online shopping experience.
- To communicate with you or respond to a request. If you supply us with your postal address or e-mail address via our web site you may receive periodic mailings from us with information of interest about MSIA, such as upcoming events or a new book. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by sending us e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide us with your exact name and address when you make the request so we can be sure your name is removed from our mailing list
- To better understand, market to and serve our membership.
- To protect the rights of property or safety of MSIA or its members
- Information You Reveal to the MSIA Community is Public
MSIA cannot protect the privacy of any information you communicate to other MSIA users or information or comments that you post on an MSIA website or forum.
III. Where Information is Processed
MSIA processes personal information on its servers located in the United States of America.
- Sharing of Information
MSIA will only share your personal information with third parties, if at all, in these limited circumstances:
- You give consent.
MSIA believes in good faith that use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- detect or prevent fraud or security issues;
- comply with any law, regulation, legal process or government order;
- protect the rights of property or safety of MSIA or its members; or
- to enforce MSIA’s website policies or investigate potential violations thereof.
- Use of Non-Personal Information
MSIA may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated demographic data that will not identify you or any member personally, such as the number of users who viewed a particular page in a given time-period, or geographic statistics about our members.
- Information Security
Any of your personal information that is stored is kept securely on MSIA’s servers. We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site, which encrypts information you input, except for domain name data.
VII. Leaving MSIA.org
VIII. Mergers or Acquisitions
- Accessing or Updating Your Information
If you have registered with MSIA, you may login to your MSIA account to manage or correct your information.
You may not register with MSIA if you are under 13 years of age. Federal law prohibits the collection of personal information from persons under 13 years of age.
- California Residents
Upon letter or email request by any California resident with whom MSIA has an established business relationship, MSIA will disclose to you each instance, if any, in the immediately preceding calendar year in which MSIA disclosed your personal information to a third party that MSIA knows or has reason to know used your personal information for direct marketing purposes. See California Civil Code § 1798.83.
Please address such requests to:
California Privacy Matters
P.O. Box 513935
Los Angeles, CA 90051-1935
Contact: (323) 737-4055 | email@example.com
If you have registered as a user with MSIA, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of significant changes to this policy or the way we collect or use personal information at the email address you provide to us. It is your responsibility to provide and maintain an accurate and up-to-date email address.
P.O. Box 513935
Los Angeles, CA 90051-1935
Contact: +1 (323) 737-4055 | firstname.lastname@example.org