Soul-Centered Work at MSIA & PTS
“The only business of MSIA is Soul Transcendence: to transcend into the heart of God. Your work here is to serve and to love your neighbor as yourself. Your mission is to make the teachings of the Traveler available to those who are looking for them.” John-Roger, DSS
One Position Currently Available:
IF YOU ARE CALLED TO SERVE AT MSIA in any of the positions below with excellence, integrity, professionalism, and being an integral team player, please submit your letter of intent and résumé to:
Janeth Jaime, Director of Human Resources
firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 (323) 328 1913
Job Title: Event Cook
Reports to: General Manager of Resources
Classification: Part Time, Hourly (Flexible Schedule Weekends and Evenings not to exceed 29 hours)
General Summary :
Assists the General Manager of Resources in with kitchen and dining room operations for special events, retreats, weekend classes and vacation replacement. Provide direction to volunteers, kitchen assistants, dishwashers. Normal weekend schedule is 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Evening events schedule is 3:00 pm – 9:00pm.
Note: The menus in this professional kitchen are organic and natural, and mostly gluten and sugar free. Onions, garlic and pork is not used in food preparation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages meal preparation for events and classes.
- Provides input to menus suggesting new recipes and dishes.
- Oversees kitchen assistants, volunteers, dishwasher and kitchen and dining room cleaners.
- Cleans or directs cleaning of kitchen, pantry, refrigeration space and dining room equipment as necessary.
- Accepts and audits food deliveries.
- Is responsible for any other duties assigned by the General Manager of Resources.
- Kim Watkinson – Manager of Visitor Programs
- Kevin McMillan – Residency and Tour Coordinator
- Stella Estevez – Guest Services
- Sherie Wylie – Dean of PTS
- Admin Kitchen Team Members
- David Funk – General Manager for Resources
- Ned O’Neill – First Cook and Kitchen Manager
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Experience in food preparation and service, preferably in a school, hotel or restaurant setting.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations through SafeServe (required)
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A willingness to receive direction and an openness to feedback
- A team player with an ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment with various team members and staff
- Able to focus and multi-task, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to use the following equipment: Gas range and ovens, salamander, combi-oven, dishwasher/sanitizer, food processor, food mixer, meat slicer, and expresso machine.
- Ability to lift up and carry 50 lbs.
- Stand for up to 8 hours
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and is willing to errands as requested.
- Works a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the organization including nights and weekends.
Highly Desirable Qualifications / Knowledge
- Active MSIA discourse subscriber
- Culinary Training
- Bilingual (Spanish, other languages welcome)
IF YOU ARE CALLED TO SERVE AT MSIA in any of the positions below with excellence, integrity, professionalism, and being an integral team player, please submit your:
Letter of intent
To:Janeth Jaime, Director of Human Resources
Via email: email@example.com or via fax | +1 (323) 328 1913
Incomplete request will not be considered.
Hourly rate of pay is discussed in the 2nd interview.